Your eye is naturally drawn to the beautiful design in the center of your quilt. But that doesn’t mean your quilt borders should be boring. In fact, the borders can enhance a quilt with a finishing touch that compliments the overall design.
The border of your quilt:
- Frames the center of your design and gives it a finished look.
- Offers a visual stopping point before you bind off the quilt.
- Helps you create the finished size of your quilt by adding a few inches.
- Drapes over your bed and will be the first part of your quilt seen.
Rather than just adding a simple, straight border (nothing wrong with these, of course), why not think outside of the box?
To help you do that, we’ve provided some inspiration with 25 stunning quilt border ideas you can drool over — and perhaps borrow for your next quilt project.
- 19+ Stunning Modern Quilt Patterns
- Modern Quilt Patterns for Beginners
- Free Modern Quilt Patterns
- Easy Modern Quilt Patterns
25 Quilt Border Ideas to Inspire You
1. House Quilt Blocks
2. Improv Quilt Block
3. Autumn Lattice Quilt
4. Round Robin Border Details
5. Island Chain
6. Glacier Star
7. A Tisket A Tasket
8. Quilt Border
9. Curvaceous Binding
10. Ruffled Roses
11. Drunkard’s Path
14. Country Paradise
15. Bethlehem Star
16. Whim Wham Stars
18. By the Bay
20. Patch Quilt
21. Cottage Quilt
22. Scalloped Border
What Will You Create for Your Next Quilt Border?
You might wonder, “How do I choose a border for my quilt?” In addition to our inspiration photos above, there are plenty of other quilt border designs and patterns available to you with a quick Google or Pinterest search.
If you’re a beginner, start with some easy quilt border ideas so you don’t get overwhelmed or frustrated. As you gain more experience, you can experiment with your borders and try varying widths and fabric combinations.
With all of these ideas, you may have a hard time making up your mind. But whatever you choose, make it your own — to reflect your personal style and preferences.