Kids love to have a theme for their bedrooms, whether it be cars, animals, princesses, superheroes — this list could go on and on.
But what if you can’t find the perfect blanket in a store for your little one’s dream bedroom?
I’ve gathered up some fabulous inspiration for you to check out for easy quilt patterns for kids.
Hopefully, these will help your imagination take over and create that perfect centerpiece for your child’s bedroom.
What Size Is A Child’s Quilt?
I know it can be a little overwhelming trying to decide what size quilt to make for your little one. You want to make something that he or she can enjoy for years, but does it make sense for a 2-year-old to use a twin-sized quilt?
My opinion? It’s totally up to you! There are no rules as to what size quilt your child should use. If you want to make them a quilt they can use into their teen years, then I would definitely recommend making a twin-sized quilt.
However, if you want to make them a new quilt every few years, I think a throw-sized quilt would be a perfect size for a little one. Of course, if you are making a quilt for a baby and want a crib-sized quilt, then a throw-size would be too large for a crib.
Here is a rundown of the different sizes I mentioned:
- Crib– they can range between 30”x46” through 36”x50” depending on your crib.
- Throw– My favorite dimensions for a throw are around 50”x60”. Not too big, not too small, perfect for snuggles.
Twin– should be around 70”x90”.
29 Beautiful Child Quilts to Create
- Elizabeth Hartman makes a wide variety of quilt patterns. This pattern is a perfect children’s quilt pattern with all the fun, unique animal blocks.
2. What kid doesn’t love panda bears? This pattern would be great for a boy or a girl.
3. Isn’t this an adorable boys quilt pattern? The pattern could be adaptable as well if you would like it for a crib size or up to a twin.
5. If you have a little princess of your own, I have found the quilt pattern fit for a queen! Seriously, how cute is this one?
6. Here is another Elizabeth Hartman pattern that I had to include in this list. If your kiddo loves dinosaurs, isn’t this the perfect match? This would be great for boys AND girls. I know I would have loved it as a kid (or you know…now).
7. This quilt pattern just invokes calm and relaxation. Just what your little one needs when he or she needs to sleep.
8. Check out this super fun “Road Runner” pattern. Cars, Trucks, and road signs will be an excellent theme for a little guy’s room.
9. Do you have a little cowboy? Here is a perfect option for his bedspread.
10. How sweet is this “Secret Garden” quilt pattern? This look would be beautiful for any age — but truly adorable for a little girl.
11. The Little Monsters quilt pattern is not only adorable but also a fun option for your child’s room.
12. Does your little boy or girl love to fish? It would be nearly impossible to find something like this in a store, but you could create it with this pattern!
13. Caterpillars are so cute, so why not put them on a quilt top?! This pattern would be a great way to feature some beautiful fabrics.
14. Now if you have a little one obsessed with all things fairy tales, wouldn’t this be the perfect quilt for her?
15. Do you have a creative kiddo? This free crayon quilt pattern would be fantastic for them. They could pick out the colors for each crayon and be able to express their creativity.
16. Okay, so this quilt initially made me giggle, but honestly, how cool is this? I bet any little girl would LOVE this quilt.
17. Is bath time your child’s favorite time? With this quilt, they will be able to play with their rubber duckies any time of day.
18. This pattern comes in “girl” and “boy” versions and would be a great transition quilt for a toddler as they grow.
19. Do you have a little ballerina in your family? She would adore this precious quilt. You can make this pattern in three different sizes. The 3D effect of the tulle in the skirts makes it even more delightful.
20. Is your child a Disney enthusiast? This pattern would be perfect for their room! The pattern comes in Minnie and Mickey mouse head designs.
21. I had to put this timeless quilt in the mix. This star quilt is gorgeous and would be fantastic for a child through their teen years and beyond.
22. It’s no secret Star Wars is as cool today as it was decades ago. This Darth Vader quilt would be a terrific addition to your son’s (or daughter’s) bedroom.
23. Flowers are always a beautiful addition to a room, and this pattern would be something your child will love for years.
24. Not only is this quilt adorable, but it can also help your little one learn their ABCs. I like the modern feel of this quilt as well.
25. This look is the perfect boy’s quilt pattern! Airplanes are a great theme for a little guy’s room, and this pattern is beautiful; he’ll love it.
26. The Sweetheart quilt pattern would be a lovely touch to a nursery or children’s room. Fabric selection could make this utterly unique for your child.
27. What kid wouldn’t love this fun quilt top? Ice cream is such a fun theme for a children’s quilt.
28. This pattern with just the flags would be great, but that added owl puts this quilt into cuteness overload!
29. Lots of kids want a space-themed bedroom, and with this quilt pattern, you can create the quilt of your child’s dreams.
More Related Articles
There we have it! Twenty-nine quilt patterns to inspire your next quilt project. Kids are so unique, and it’s great that you can find quilt patterns to match your child.
Which pattern is your favorite? Have you created a themed quilted for your child’s room? I would love to hear about it in the comments below!
About the author: Miriam Ronne is a lover of all things quilting and sewing. She is a self-taught quilter and is constantly learning and broadening her skill set to create one-of-a-kind quilts! When she’s not behind her sewing machine you can find her playing with her fur babies or trying her hand at other crafty things.